Mobility Action Programme
Do you suffer from osteoarthritis in your hip or knee?
In partnerhsip with Willis Street Physiotherapy and HealthFit Collective, with Ministry of Health, have a new proactive service to help you manage your condition by reducing your pain and making you stronger.
What does the Mobility Action Programme (MAP) involve?
- Detailed physiotherapy assessment
- Strength and conditioning programme
- Wellness programme and support to make permanent lifestyle changes to manage your condition long term
- Whanau, family and friends are encouraged to come along to your appointments to support you through the process
- Areas the pilot programme is available - Wellington CBD, Porirua, Kilbirnie, Kapiti, and the Newlands/Johnsonville area
How long does the programme take?
The programme is a 12 month programme with most contact in the first 6 – 12 weeks. You will be helped to find activities in your local area, so you can connect with others and keep your programme going. This may include a Green Prescription referral or Arthritis New Zealand support.
How can I get onto this programme and what does it cost?
Your GP will advise you if you are eligible for a fully funded program or partial payment.
Get in touch with us today!